Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Denver in a Corner...

Posted by Hayden Fox:

Post #1:
OK, the Broncos are going to have to trade Cutler eventually. And it's assumed they'd want a decent quarterback in return. Is Edwards the best they could possibly get? Think about it...

Jets: Without question, Kellen Clemens is not as good as Edwards.

Browns: Brady Quinn might prove to be better than Edwards, so I could see him to Denver as a realistic possibility.

49ers: Shaun Hill came on late last year, but who the hell wants to replace Cutler with him? He's 29 years old and has proven next to nothing.

Rams: Crickets.

Lions: Drew Stanton? :puke2:

Bears: Kyle Orton?

Panthers: Crickets.

Buccaneers: Crickets.

If the Bills want to do this -- maybe they do, but maybe not -- I think they'd have a great chance to land Cutler. Denver has to move him, it seems, and I think the Bills and Browns could make the best case for him IF Denver wants a good QB prospect in return. The Broncos could always sign a guy like Garcia and draft a QB in the first round, but I've read that they want a QB in return for Cutler. Plus, why replace Cutler with another first-rounder? I'd rather have Edwards or Quinn, who have shown flashes, and a couple of picks than a completely unproven commodity such as Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman and a couple of picks.

Post #4:

I'm down with Trent, but Cutler here is an exciting prospect. The beef with Trent with me is twofold: 1. Durability. He has gotten consistently hurt for significant stretches year in and year out since college. And as I've said about 400 times, the idea of Rory Fitzpatrick (fuck calling him Ryan) throwing the ball to Terrell Owens is enough to make me...
.

Cutler, on the other hand, hasn't missed a start in his two full years. 2. The arm. I think Edwards' arm is better than his detractors say; with that being said, though, Cutler has an elite arm. No matter the conditions, whether it's wind, rain, snow or a combo of all three, he can get the ball to his WRs for big plays. He has an exceptional arm.

If the Cutler trade doesn't go down, OK. As I said, I support Trent 100 percent. But Cutler on this team would be incredible, not to mention it would keep him away from the Jets (which is just as big a victory as acquiring him).


Come read more and continue the discussion here:
talkbuffalosports.com - Denver in a corner

No comments: